Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad
- Yield 6 servings
A new twist on potato salad features sweet potatoes, jalapenos, red bell pepper and black beans.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 2 medium limes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes and onions on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil. Bake, turning occasionally, until edges brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place jalapenos, garlic, lime juice in a blender or food processor and process until blended.
- Toss warm sweet potatoes and onions, beans, and bell pepper in a large bowl. Add the jalapeno mixture, salt and pepper. Toss well. Top with cilantro.