Sweet Potato Salad with Dired Cranberries and Pecans
- Yield 10 servings
A trendy and tasty twist to potato salad, featuring sweet potatoes with a hint of spice, toasty pecans, and tart cranberries in a maple citrus dressing.
- 6 cups peeled Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes) chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven 425F. Line baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- On prepared pan, toss together potatoes with ginger, cumin and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast about 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp. Cool and transfer to large bowl. Add green onions, cranberries and pecans.
- In small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, orange and lime juice, nutmeg and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss with potatoes. Serve or refrigerate. Makes about 5 cups.