Sweet Potato Salad with Dried Cranberries and Pecans
- Yield: 10 servings
- 6cups peeled Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes) chunks
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2cup chopped green onions
- 1/4cup dried cranberries
- 1/4cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven 425F, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss potatoes with ginger, cumin and 1 tablespoon olive oil on baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes until crisp, usually 30 minutes.
- Cool potatoes, add them in large mixing bowl with green onions, cranberries and pecans.
- In small bowl, whisk combine maple syrup, orange and lime juice, nutmeg and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Coat potatoes with mixture. Serve or refrigerate.
Recipe by Holly Clegg
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 149
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 23g
- Sodium 47mg
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 2g