Sweet Potato Pudding
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
A dense and delicious pudding to serve as a side dish or as a dessert with ice cream.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 3/4 pound dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 5 cups water or coconut water
- 1/2 cup dark rum, optional
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour into a lightly greased 11-by-7-inch baking pan.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake 1 hour. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes until browned.