Sweet Potato Praline Pancakes
- Yield 16 servings
Make a batch of these fantastic pancakes, freeze and pop in microwave for quick breakfast. Serve with maple syrup and top with toasted pecans, if desired.
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams) or 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 2/3 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour (or combination)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- Combine sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in dry ingredients and pecans to sweet potato mixture, until combined.
- Using a large nonstick skillet, apply nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- In 1/4 batter apportionments, cook pancakes 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Make sure to re-coat the skillet before adding fresh batter.