Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
- Yield 8 servings
Sweet potatoes star in this easy pie.
- 1 refrigerated 9-inch pie crust
- 1 (15-ounce) can yams (sweet potatoes) drained and mashed (1 cup)
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lay pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together yams, 1 egg, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread evenly in bottom of pie crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the remaining egg, egg whites, corn syrup, sugar and vanilla until mixture is frothy. Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over yam layer.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is set around edges or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and edge comes out clean. Cool and serve.