Sweet Potato, Orange and Cranberry Muffins
- Yield 12 to 18 pieces
Sweet potatoes, cranberries and orange create the ultimate muffin.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed or 1 cup fresh Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes), cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven 400F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix sweet potatoes, brown sugar, oil, orange juice, egg and orange rind. Combine orange juice mixture with yogurt and dry ingredients. Then stir until just moistened. Spoon in cranberries.
- Fill muffin tins with batter until each cup is 3/4 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.