Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
- 6medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup canola oil for frying; add more as needed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grate sweet potatoes in food processor or with box grater (largest hole). Combine sweet potatoes with remaining ingredients (except oil) in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. For each latke, place 1/4-cup batter in hot oil. Flatten with a spatula until about 1/4-inch thick. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on a paper-towel. Place on baking sheet and bake 12 minutes. Serve with Greek yogurt, cranberry sauce or applesauce. Makes about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 70
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 125mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 2g