Sweet Potato Fries from Holly Clegg
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- 4 sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams), peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven 400F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch thick lengthwise strips, toss with oil. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown all over. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley, if using.
Note: For a sweeter version, omit parsley, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg before baking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.