Sweet Potato Cranberry Galette
- Yield 8 servings
A fiber- and beta carotene- rich side dish perfect for holiday dinners.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2-2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a skillet, heat margarine and olive oil and saute onions until very tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add cranberries, brown sugar, and ginger, stirring until mixed.
- Line a 9-inch round cake pan with aluminum foil and coat a nonstick cooking spray. Peel potatoes and slice very thin, preferably with a food processor. Spoon one tablespoon of cranberry mixture in center of cake pan. Arrange one-third of the potato slices, arranged in same manner. Top with remaining cranberry mixture and end with potatoes Coat a sheet of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray and cover potatoes tightly.
- Cook for 40 minutes, uncover and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes or until brown and crisp on top and potatoes are tender. Place serving plate on cake pan and invert.