Sweet Potato Chimichangas
- Yield: 6 servings
Try adding toppings that your family enjoys!
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6cups canned black beans, drained
- 3tablespoons chili powder
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 16ounces pepper-jack cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium heat, and cook onion and garlic until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in beans, and mash.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese.
- Fold up tortillas burrito style, and place on a baking sheet seam side down. Spray lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.
–Recipe by Robin Web