Sweet Potato Chili over Couscous
- Yield 6 servings
The spicy chipotle chili powder, smoky tomatoes, and naturally sweet yams over unassuming couscous are fantastic.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (4 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- In large nonstick pot, heat oil and sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili and chipotle powder for 30 seconds. Add sweet potatoes, tomatoes, beans and broth.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Serve over couscous.