Sweet Potato Chili over Couscous
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 1/2pounds Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (4 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2cups vegetable broth
- 3cups cooked couscous
- Heat oil and sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic over medium heat in a large pot for 5 minutes.
- Quickly stir in chili and chipotle powder for 30 seconds, then add sweet potatoes, tomatoes, beans and broth to the mixture.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and cook until potatoes are tender, usually 20-30 minutes.
- Serve chili over a bed of couscous.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 312
- Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 626mg
- Carbohydrate 61g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 11g