Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline Topping
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Sweet potatoes have lots of vitamin A and vitamin C, so include this festive recipe on your table year-round.
- Praline Topping:
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) light stick margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweet Potatoes:
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Praline Topping (recipe follows)
- To prepare the topping: In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir in margarine and vanilla until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare the sweet potatoes: Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and cook sweet potatoes 30, minutes, until very tender. Drain well and mash.
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, brown sugar, egg white, vanilla and orange juice, blending well.
- Place in a 2-quart casserole coated with nonstick cooking spray and cover with the Praline Topping. Bake 45 minutes.
Recipe by Holly Clegg