Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline Topping
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Praline Topping:
- 2/3cup light brown sugar
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6tablespoons (3/4 stick) light stick margarine, melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweet Potatoes:
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1/3cup light brown sugar
- 1large egg white
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2cup orange juice
- Praline Topping (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- For the topping: mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add in margarine and vanilla to create a crumbly texture.
- Boil sweet potatoes for 30 minutes until tender.
- Combine potatoes, brown sugar, egg white, vanilla and orange juice, and blend until smooth.
- Place potatoes in a casserole dish and garnish with topping. Bake 45 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 169
- Fat 3.1g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 87mg