Sweet Potato Bisque
- Yield 4 servings
This smooth sweet potato soup hits the spot when you want a creamy soup.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) chunks peeled sweet potatoes (yam)
- 2 cups canned chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter and sauté onion over medium heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Toss in sweet potato and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Blend mixture in a food processor until smooth and transfer back to pot. Combine with thyme, cayenne and milk and simmer on low until heated through.