- 16 pecan halves
- 1tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 (10-oz) pkg Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Maple Pork Sausage Patties
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick (16 slices)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 1cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add pecans and maple syrup and cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes, until syrup is thickened and nuts are coated. Remove from heat.
- Toss sweet potato slices with 1 Tbsp olive oil and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar. Put one sausage patty on top of each potato slice.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle cheese on top of sausage. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top each stack with a pecan half. Drizzle juices from the bottom of the baking sheet over stacks.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 220
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 310mg
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 7g