Sweet Potato and Dried Cranberry Filling for Quesadillas
- Yield: 12 servings
- 2medium sweet potatoes or yams
- 2teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2medium red onion, chopped
- 1small jalapeno chili, minced
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2cup dried cranberries
- Salt, to taste
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- Bake sweet potatoes 45 minutes in a 350F oven until tender. You may bake the potatoes a few days prior to making filling. Cool, peel and mash potatoes lightly with a fork. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in a nonreactive large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, chili and cumin and saute 2 minutes until softened. Add the cranberries, salt and lime juice. Add this mixture to the mashed potatoes and combine well. Makes enough filling for about 3 (9-inch) quesadillas; each make 4 appetizer servings.