Sweet Potato and Beet Chips
- Yield servings
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 medium beets
- Sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Leaving the skin on, slice the potato as thinly as possible with a mandolin slicer.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, flipping the chips once during baking. Note: keep an eye on the chips after 15 minutes. They tend to burn at varying times.
- Immediately remove from baking sheet and place on a drying rack to cool. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the chips if desired. At this time the chips will be slightly damp and pliable. Allow them to dry and soon you will have a crisp chip.
- Repeat the same steps with the beets. Note: The beets have a tendency to bake faster so watch them.
- After drying you will have a crispy fun treat! Store in an airtight container.