Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
- Yield 5 servings
Sweet potatoes and apples with a touch of ginger and curry combine in this flavorful soup.
Make ahead and refrigerate. Add more milk when reheating if needed.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups peeled chopped sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams)
- 2 cups peeled chopped baking apples
- 2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground curry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Sauté onions over medium heat in a nonstick skillet, then add sweet potatoes, apples, broth, ginger, curry and honey.
- Bring mixture to a bowl, reduce heat, cover and simmer for an additional 25 minutes. Blend mixture in a food processor until texture is very smooth.
- Return mixture to pot and stir in milk. Heat all the way through and garnish with toasted walnuts before serving.