Sweet Potato and Apple Cider Gratin
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
This makes an excellent side dish for pork, chicken or turkey.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large sweet potatoes, thinly sliced for gratin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider, reduced to about 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter glass or ceramic gratin dish.
- Place sliced sweet potato in dish and sprinkle with salt and nutmeg. Pour reducedcider over potatoes.
- Bake until potatoes are soft and the cider is absorbed, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Chef Mark Rosenstein’s In Praise of Apples.