Sweet Potato and Apple Cider Gratin
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2tablespoons butter
- 3large sweet potatoes, thinly sliced for gratin
- 1/2teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1cup apple cider, reduced to about 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter glass or ceramic gratin dish.
- Place sliced sweet potato in dish and sprinkle with salt and nutmeg. Pour reducedcider over potatoes.
- Bake until potatoes are soft and the cider is absorbed, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Chef Mark Rosenstein’s In Praise of Apples., courtesy of the U.S. Apple Association
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 120
- Fat 3.5g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 200mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 2g