Sweet Pistachio Bread
- Yield: servings
'When I married my husband 30 years ago, I asked his mother for some of his favorite recipes so that I'd have guaranteed successes from my kitchen. This pretty, simple bread is very versatile-wonderful for breakfast, dessert or snacks.'
- 1teaspoon nutmeg
- 2teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, sugar
- 1 (18-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2cup water
- 1cup sour cream
1. Combine nutmeg, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pans.
3. Mix together 1/4 cup sugar, cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, water and sour cream. Pour 1/2 the batter into pans. Sprinkle spice mixture on top. Pour in remaining batter. Bake 45 minutes.