Sweet Mustard-Glazed Baby Carrots
- Yield servings
Tasty, tiny version of their full-size carrot counterparts, tender baby carrots are peeled and ready to cook. A favorite with kids and grownups. Perfect bite-sized pieces every time.
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Bring water to a boil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, cover tightly, and cook 7 minutes or until the carrots are tender-crisp and the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Stir in the mixture to the carrots. Cook 3 minutes, uncovered, until glazed, using two utensils to stir as you would a stir fry.
Used with permission from the American Diabetes Association. Taken from 15 Minute Diabetic Meals by Nancy Hughes.