Sweet Corn-Chipotle Salsa
- Yield 48 servings
A great salsa using fresh summer corn and smoky chipotle in adobo sauce.
- 1 large ripe tomato, halved, excess seeds squeezed out and flesh chopped
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (2 ears) or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or fresh oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl and let sit at least 20 minutes so flavors can meld. Then chill at least 10 minutes before serving. Makes 3 cups.