Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
- Yield 10 servings
Did you know you can boil corn while still in its husks? It’s easier to shuck post boiling, and helps keep the kernels tender. The chunky herbed vinaigrette is packed with flavor.
- Chunky Herbed Vinaigrette:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, boiled and cooled, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 pints sweet millons tomatoes (or other style cherry tomatoes), sliced into halves
- To make the vinaigrette, vigorously whisk all of the ingredients together except olive oil. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, while whisking, to emulsify the dressing.
- Place corn and tomatoes into a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over and toss well to coat. Serves 10.