Sweet Corn and Baby Bella Mushroom Quesadillas
- Yield: 4 servings
Feel free to substitute button mushrooms or even shiitakes for the baby bellas, if you prefer. You can use the pre-shredded bags of Mexican cheese or cheddar-jack cheese combinations and add a few crumbles of white cheese or queso blanco.
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/2medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, ends trimmed, mushrooms sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and minced
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro
- 8 (8-inch) whole-grain tortillas
- 2cups low-fat shredded cheddar or jack cheese or a combination of both
- 1/2cup low-fat sour cream or plain yogurt, for garnish
- 1cup favorite tomato salsa, for garnish
- Heat oil in a nonstick large saute pan over high heat. Add the onions and peppers and saute 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, corn and jalapenos, continue to saute 3 minutes longer until vegetables aretender. Add the cilantro and set aside.
- Place 4 tortillas on a work surface. Divide the corn mixture among the 4 tortillas. Divide the cheese evenly among the tortillas and sprinkle over the corn mixture. Top each with another tortilla pressing down gently to form a quesadilla.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Heat one or two quesadilla(s) at a time in the skillet 3 minutes until golden brown. Turn and cook until golden. Repeat until all quesadillas are cooked. Cool the quesadillas. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 409
- Fat 12g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 22mg
- Sodium 971mg
- Carbohydrate 63g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 26g