Sweet Cinnamon Chips with Fruit Salsa
- Yield: 8 servings
'This recipe is delicious. I have made it several times for couple get-togethers and for our combined Thanksgiving-Christmas family get-together.'
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4tablespoons butter, melted
- 2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple packed in juice, drained
- 1small tart red apple, such as Gala or Braeburn, cored and diced
- 1cup seasonal berries or 1 medium banana
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- To prepare the chips, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Brush with melted butter. Place buttered side up on 15 x 10-inch baking sheets.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle over tortilla wedges. Bake 5 minutes, or until tortillas barely begin to crisp. Place on wire racks to cool completely. The chips will become crisper as they cool.
- To prepare the salsa, combine pineapple, apple and berries in a medium bowl; toss gently. Serve with the chips. Serves 8.
Recipe by Elaine Fetter, Rittman, Ohio