Sweet and Sticky Buzzin’ Honey Hot Wings
- Yield 6 servings
This recipe is sure to please the hot wing lovers in your family!
- 1 cup Weber® Buzz’N Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 10 ounces Frank's Red Hot sauce
- -- Olive oil
- 4 pounds chicken wings and-or drumettes
- -- Fine-grain sea salt
- -- Olive oil, optional
- 2 -- (1-gallon) heavy-duty re-closable bags
- Mix sauce and honey together. Let sit at least 10 minutes or almost indefinitely in the refrigerator. Set aside until ready to use.
- Empty half of hot sauce into each of the re-closeable plastic bags. Divide chicken equally between the two bags. Seal bags. Turn chicken occasionally to make sure all surface areas are wet and covered with hot sauce. Marinate for 2 hours covered in the refrigerator or as long as overnight.
- When ready to cook, pour marinade out of the bag and add olive oil. Reseal bag and massage chicken to coat the wings. Repeat with second bag. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place wings in the center of the cooking grate over indirect heat. Discard marinade.
- Close the lid to the grill and let grill for 40 minutes or until beginning to brown. Remove from grill, place in a clean bowl and pour the honey-sauce mixture on the wings. Toss the wings to coat well.
- Place wings back on the grill for 15 to 20 more minutes or so to set the sticky glaze. Remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes.