Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- 2medium Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4cup corn starch (see note)
- 2tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4medium Thai Chili Peppers (fresh or dried, see note)
- 1/2cup Honey or Agave Nectar
- 2tablespoons Water
- 1teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- Mix honey, Thai chilis and water and set aside. Right before adding to the pan heat in the microwave for 10-20 seconds and mix well. This helps it “loosen” up a bit and makes it easier to pour into the pan or wok
- Cut up chicken in bit size pieces.
- In a medium bowl add the corn starch*, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chicken. Coat well and shake off any excess corn starch.
- In a large skillet or wok heat 1 tablespoons of oil, add half the chicken and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Place chicken on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with second half of chicken and additional tablespoon of oil.
- In the same skillet add the honey – chili mixture and bring to a boil for two-four minutes until the sauce reduces, thickens slightly and turns a nice caramel color. Add chicken back to the pan and coat well. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over quinoa, white or brown rice.