Sweet and Sour Coleslaw
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 2 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup thin 3-inch slivers red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thin 3-inch slivers green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup prepared golden sweet and sour sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup California raisins
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower kernels
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- In large bowl, combine cabbage, bell peppers and onion; toss to mix. In small bowl, combine sweet and sour sauce, apple juice and vinegar; mix well.
- Pour over cabbage mixture. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, stir in raisins and sunflower kernels. Sprinkle with real bacon pieces.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board