Sweet Hot Chicken Brochettes
- Yield 8 servings
- 2 - 3 pounds broiler-fryers, cut up
- 10 ounces jar apricot preserves
- 18 ounces bottle Russian salad dressing
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups regular long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
About 1 1/2 hours before serving: Arrange chicken pieces, skin-side up,
in one layer in large open roasting pan. In medium bowl, mix apricot preserves,
Russian dressing and onion-soup mix; pour salad dressing sauce over chicken
pieces. Bake in 350°F oven 1 1/4 hours or until chicken is fork tender, basting
with sauce in pan occasionally during baking. While chicken is baking, prepare
rice as label directs. Keep warm. To serve, arrange chicken on warm platter.
Skim fat from sauce in pan. Stir parsley into cooked rice. Serve chicken with
sauce and rice.