Sweet and Savory Raisin Walnut Crostini
- Yield 36 pieces
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 5 minutes
An easy appetizer featuring raisins and toasted walnuts.
The rich sweetness of California Raisin and the nuttiness of toasted walnuts along with a touch of citrus combine to make this easy and nutritious appetizer perfect for a party or just a wonderful treat for yourself.
- 1 cup California Raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated clementine or orange rind
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 36 pieces thinly sliced baguette, toasted
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine California Raisins, toasted walnuts, olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and citrus rind. Process until a thick paste forms and nuts are finely chopped.
- Preheat broiler to high. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Spread 1 teaspoon raisin spread on toasted baguette and top with ½ teaspoon crumbled goat cheese.
- Broil until goat cheese is slightly melted and raisin mixture is warm, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.