Sweet and Savory Raisin Walnut Crostini
- Yield: 36 pieces
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
The rich sweetness of California Raisin and the nuttiness of toasted walnuts along with a touch of citrus combine to make this easy and nutritious appetizer perfect for a party or just a wonderful treat for yourself.
- 1cup California Raisins
- 1/2cup toasted walnuts
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon finely grated clementine or orange rind
- 1/3cup crumbled goat cheese
- 36pieces thinly sliced baguette, toasted
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine California Raisins, toasted walnuts, olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and citrus rind. Process until a thick paste forms and nuts are finely chopped.
- Preheat broiler to high. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Spread 1 teaspoon raisin spread on toasted baguette and top with ½ teaspoon crumbled goat cheese.
- Broil until goat cheese is slightly melted and raisin mixture is warm, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.