Sweet and Hot Marinated Mushrooms
- Yield 6 servings
Asian flavors season this side dish of marinated mushrooms.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 -- green onion
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fresh small button mushrooms
- -- Parsley sprigs or orange wedges, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except mushrooms and garnish in saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is well-blended.
- Place mushrooms in heat-proof bowl; pour hot marinade over mushrooms. Cover and marinate 2 hours at room temperature, stirring occasionally. Arrange mushrooms in serving dish, garnish and serve.