- Yield: 14 to 16 servings
- 7 to 8pounds bone-in ham half, spiral-cut, cooked, with Honey Glaze Mix included
- 3/4cup brown ale or porter beer
- 1teaspoon mustard, grained
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350F. Place ham, face down, on rack in shallow baking pan. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake in heated oven for 1 3/4 – 2 1/2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion (not touching bone) registers 135 degrees F. (about 15-18 minutes per pound).
- Meanwhile, pour beer in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until beer is reduced to 3 tablespoons, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in glaze mix, mustard and pepper.
- Remove ham from oven. Increase oven heat to 425F. Spread glaze mixture over ham. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes to set glaze until 140F. Remove ham from oven and cool slightly. Loosely cover with foil and refrigerate until serving time or up to 1 day in advance.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 342
- Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 2337mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 38g