- Yield <p>6-8</p> servings
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef or Chuck
- 11/2 teaspoons black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 can sweet peas (partially drained)
- 6 whole carrots (sliced thinly)
- 5 medium potatoes (sliced thinly)
- 1 large covered casserole dish
- 5-6 tablespoons margerine
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
Pour half of meat mixture in bottom of casserole. Cover meat with one half of the thinly sliced carrots, and one half of the sweet peas . Proceed to cover this with a layer of the sliced potatoes.
Pour remaining meat mixture over potatoes. Add remainder of carrots, peas (and juice from peas). Cover with remainder of sliced potatoes. Put the 5-6 dabs of margerine (scattered) on top. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, and also the dill weed.
Cover and bake at 325 degs. for 1-1 1/2 hours until potatoes are lightly browned and fork tender.