- Yield: <p>6-8</p> servings
- 1medium chopped onion
- 2pounds ground beef or Chuck
- 11/2teaspoons black pepper (to taste)
- 1teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1can sweet peas (partially drained)
- 6whole carrots (sliced thinly)
- 5medium potatoes (sliced thinly)
- 1large covered casserole dish
- 5-6tablespoons margerine
- 1teaspoon dry dill weed
Pour half of meat mixture in bottom of casserole. Cover meat with one half of the thinly sliced carrots, and one half of the sweet peas . Proceed to cover this with a layer of the sliced potatoes.
Pour remaining meat mixture over potatoes. Add remainder of carrots, peas (and juice from peas). Cover with remainder of sliced potatoes. Put the 5-6 dabs of margerine (scattered) on top. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, and also the dill weed.
Cover and bake at 325 degs. for 1-1 1/2 hours until potatoes are lightly browned and fork tender.