Swedish Nut Cake
- Yield 18 servings
Walnuts, almonds, and pecans top a creamy pineapple cake
"As a pastor's wife, I often was given extra good recipes. This one was given to me several years ago. I have used it many times, and I'm usually asked for the recipe. It is simple and an excellent cake to take to dinners."
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple (including juice)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick margarine, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Nuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix sugar, flour, eggs, soda, pineapple and juice in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup nuts and pour into a 12 x 9-inch greased baking pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- For frosting: Mix brown sugar, margarine, and cream cheese in a bowl. Spread on cake while it is hot. Sprinkle with nuts.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: For the frosting, make sure the margarine and cream cheese are at room temperature for easier mixing. Use a mixture of chopped walnuts, almonds, and pecans for the crunch topping
Recipe by Helen Dickson, Plymouth, Ind.