Super Summer Salad
- Yield 12 servings
Make a trip to the farmers' market for the freshest tomatoes, then toss together this salad.
This refreshing salad uses the bounty of the season.
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced (do not peel)
- 1 cup diced red onions
- 2 (7-ounce) fresh mozzarella balls, cut into 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried Fines Herbes, or 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves and 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onions, mozzarella, garlic, basil, parsley, Fines Herbes, and salad dressing in a large bowl; toss well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours, or until well chilled. Add salt and pepper before serving. Serves 12.
– Recipe by Diane Montagano, Plymouth, Mich.