Super Summer Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
This refreshing salad uses the bounty of the season.
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced (do not peel)
- 1cup diced red onions
- 2 (7-ounce) fresh mozzarella balls, cut into 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2cup chopped basil
- 1/2cup chopped parsley
- 1tablespoon dried Fines Herbes, or 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves and 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onions, mozzarella, garlic, basil, parsley, Fines Herbes, and salad dressing in a large bowl; toss well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours, or until well chilled. Add salt and pepper before serving. Serves 12.
— Recipe by Diane Montagano, Plymouth, Mich.