Super Mushroom Veggie Pasta
- Yield 6 servings
Hearty mushrooms and veggies star in this delicious pasta dish.
- 1 (14.5-ounce) box spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup bite-size broccolini pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Freshly grated Parmesan (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While water comes to a boil, heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms, red bell pepper and onions and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Stir and cook about 5 minutes more to brown mushrooms. Stir in broccolini, tomatoes, broth and pesto. Bring to a simmer, and then stir in spinach and cooked pasta.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel