Super Duper Oatmeal Pancakes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/4cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup rolled oats
- 1/3cup chopped dried cranberries and apricots
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2cup cooked oatmeal
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil, for frying
- 2cups chopped fresh nectarines and plums, as topping
- 4 to 6tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 200F. Combine flours, oats, dried cranberries and apricots, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and milk; stir in the cooked oatmeal until just incorporated. Mix oatmeal with dry ingredients, stirring gently; don’t over mix. Consistency should be that of thick pancake batter; if needed, add more milk or whole-wheat flour, a little at a time, as needed.
- Put a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. When a few drops of water skid across the surface, add a very thin film of oil and let it become hot. Spoon out the batter to make desired size pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles form on the top, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip over pancakes and cook until they’re browned on each side, 2 to 3 minutes more. As they finish, put them on a plate and hold in the oven while cooking remaining pancakes.
- Serve with fresh fruit and honey.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 499
- Cholesterol 240mg
- Sodium 580mg
- Fiber 5g