- Yield: servings
- 1 8-ounce package corkscrew macaroni
- 1pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/4cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1 15-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4cup Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cook macaroni as directed on the package, drain. Brown meat, peppers and onion in skillet. Pour off excess fat. Mix in macaroni and tomatoes. Put in casserole dish and top with cheese. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
Tip from Our Test Kitchen: Season this dish with sauteed garlic, lots of black pepper, a teaspoon of anise seed, crushed red pepper, basil or oregano.
—Golden Ray Malone, Afton, Tennessee