Super Bowl Casserole
- Yield 8 servings
"This recipe is a favorite of mine. I was given it by a friend, who said it's for dieters, but her father-in-law said he couldn't tell because it is so good. I have another friend who told me she adds corn and celery for extra flavor."
- 1 (8-ounce) package corkscrew macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Cook macaroni as directed on the package, drain.
- Brown meat, peppers and onion in skillet. Pour off excess fat.
- Mix in macaroni and tomatoes. Put in casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Season this dish with sauteed garlic, lots of black pepper, a teaspoon of anise seed, crushed red pepper, basil, or oregano.
—Golden Ray Malone, Afton, Tenn.