- Yield: 3 Cups servings
- 1cup diced tomato (about 1 large tomato)
- 1cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber (about 1 large cucumber)
- 1large red bell pepper, diced
- 1large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2cup diced red onion
- 1small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2units lime, juiced
- 2teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1teaspoon green hot pepper sauce, depending on your love of spiciness
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and let rest for 1 hour to allow the flavors to combine. This salsa can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
-From Tupelo Honey Cafe: Spirited Recipes from Asheville’s New South Kitchen by Elizabeth Sims with Chef Brian Sonoskus/Andrews McMeel Publishing.