Sunshine Power Muffins
- Yield 1 dozen
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 18 mins
Perfect as a post-workout charge, these healthful muffins are a protein boost.
Did the treadmill get the best of you this morning? These muffins are high in protein, vitamin C, calcium and complex carbohydrates for a post-workout recharge.
- -- Cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 -- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots (about 5 ounces)
- 1/3 cup granola
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and next five ingredients (flour through salt) in a mixing bowl.
- Combine honey and next five ingredients (honey through orange rind) in a separate bowl. Whisk well.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the well and stir until just combined. Gently fold in apricots.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with granola. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until centers spring back when touched.
Recipe by Mary Carter.