- Yield 4 servings
- 6 pieces fryer chicken thighs
- 6 pieces broiler-fryer chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon flavor enhncer
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 -- soy sauce
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Poached oranges
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons slivered orange peel
- 3 cups fresh orange sections
Sprinkle chicken with salt, basil, flavor enhancer and pepper. In bowl mix together soy sauce, catsup,
honey, corn oil and garlic.
In large shallow baking pan place chicken, skin
side up, in single layer. Pour about 1/2
of soy sauce mixture, poached oranges and sauce from recipe below over chicken.
cups sugar, 3 tablespoons slivered orange peel.
Cook until slightly thickened.
Add 3 cups fresh orange sections.
Cook about 3 minutes. Add 2
tablespoons orange liqueur.