Sundried Tomato and Walnut Potatoes
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 30 mins
- 12 -- (about 1 1/2 lbs total) red-skinned boiling potatoes
- 15 -- sundried tomato halves (not oil-packed)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary OR 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chopped California walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 3/8 teaspoon pepper to taste
Place the potatoes in a steamer rack in a large pan over boiling water. Cover the pan and steam until the potatoes are just tender when pierced, 15 – 20 minutes, depending on size. Cool to room temperature. Cut each potato in half and, using a knife point or a teaspoon, scoop out and discard 1 – 2 teaspoons of potato flesh. This impression will hold the filling later.
Cover the tomato halves with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry. If necessary, cut away any tough edges or stems. Place the tomatoes in a food processor with the rosemary and garlic and process until coarsely chopped. Add the mayonnaise, cottage cheese and lemon juice and process until smooth. Add the walnuts and process until they are incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You will have about 1 1/2 cups tomato mixture.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the tomato mixture into each potato half.