Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Jarred pesto and a package of sun-dried tomatoes top pizza dough from the deli section.
Look for fresh pizza dough in the refrigerator section of your supermarket—or buy uncooked dough from your local pizza parlor.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 ounces smoke-dried or sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/4 cup jarred pesto
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place tomatoes in a medium bowl, cover with hot water, and soak 15 minutes. Drain and finely chop.
- Press dough into a 12-inch circle in the center of baking sheet. Spread pesto over dough; arrange mushroom slices on top. Dot with tomatoes and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake until brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.