Sun-Dried Tomato and Corn Pizza
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 11 mins
Whether you use store-bought pizza dough or homemade, this pizza tastes fresh and light.
No canned corn in this mellow pizza, please.
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 6 small (6-inch) rounds pizza dough (1 recipe Pizza Dough)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 to 10 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated if using dried instead of oil-packed and sliced into strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 cups shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Dried crushed red chile flakes (optional) for garnish
- Cut kernels off ears of corn. Drain in colander.
- Heat grill to high. Place pizza stone on grill grate to heat.
- To make pizzas, place dough rounds on stone. Cook about 5 minutes, until bottom is golden. Flip crusts over. Brush top of crust lightly with olive oil. Scatter corn, tomatoes, green onions, basil and cheese over top. Sprinkle with salt and crushed red chile flakes if using.
- Cover grill. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, until bottom is browned and toppings are thoroughly heated.