Summertime Fruit Slush
- Yield 12 servings
This fruit slush is an excellent thirst-quencher. It always hits the spot.
- 4 1/2 cups water, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 6 bananas, cubed
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- In a large pan, boil 3 cups water and sugar for 10 minutes. Add pineapple, bananas and cherries. Set aside to cool.
- Mix orange juice concentrate with 1 1/2 cups water in a medium bowl.
- Place in freezer to chill but do not freeze. Remove orange juice from freezer and mix in the fruit mixture. Freeze.
- When ready to serve, partially thaw.
–Marie Monforte, Fontana, CA