Summertime Bean and Corn Salad
- Yield 14 servings
A terrific fresh vegetable dish, perfect for cookouts.
"This recipe is cool and refreshing at summer luncheons and backyard cookouts."
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 3/4 cups chopped bell pepper-red, orange and green
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine beans, corn, celery, bell peppers, onion and olives; toss gently.
- Combine olive oil, wine, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper; mix lightly. Stir in cilantro. Add to bean mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Line a platter with lettuce leaves, if desired, and spoon salad on top.
—Doris Ann Rose, Eddy, Texas