Summertime Bean and Corn Salad
- Yield: 14 servings
"This recipe is cool and refreshing at summer luncheons and backyard cookouts."
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 3/4cups chopped bell pepper-red, orange and green
- 1/3cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/3cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup dry red wine
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2cup chopped cilantro
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine beans, corn, celery, bell peppers, onion and olives; toss gently.
- Combine olive oil, wine, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper; mix lightly. Stir in cilantro. Add to bean mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Line a platter with lettuce leaves, if desired, and spoon salad on top.
—Doris Ann Rose, Eddy, Texas