Summer Zucchini Salad
- Yield 8 servings
An impressive summer salad of squash and tomatoes that takes no time to make.
- Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Tomato Salad:
- -- Salt, to taste
- -- Water
- 2 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced (4 medium
- 2 pounds tomatoes, thinly sliced (4 to 5 medium)
- 8 medium eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 -- basil leaves
- To make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive container and mix well. Set aside.
- To make salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Plunge zucchini into boiling water 2 to 3 minutes. Remove, drain and rinse under ice cold water to stop cooking. Drain thoroughly.
- On a large platter, arrange alternately slices of zucchini and tomatoes. Garnish with egg slices over the top. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with basil.